Thursday 22 November 2012

Pirate Level in UDK

The UDK pirate level I had to create turned out pretty well. I learnt a reasonable amount of techniques and items that are in the level creator while designing.

Instead of developing ideas using the pirate theme, I instead decided to use the assets themselves to develop the work. Use the boat wheel as a template for the whole design of the

level, I created a rock cave which originates in the middle of the map. With 8 entrances both high and low, 6 of the 8 entrances lead onto platforms which players would be able to explore. Like a small habitable island, players can visit them only via boat.

Using the assets was tricky but in the end I am happy with the final product as it fits the purpose I intended it for originally.






No comments:

Post a Comment