Monday 8 October 2012

Pete's lesson Review - 04/10/2012

Finalizing our project work on Prototyping, we all came together as a group to finish of our level designs. Then hopefully demonstrate what our levels would look like after we drawn them on paper.

We all shown our particular takes on the theme we had been given to create a level. Bringing them together and evaluating them, we then decided on units for every mechanic. Mechanic List:

  • Walk
  • Sprint
  • Jump
  • Double Jump
  • Climbing
  • Swinging

After creating the movement, we brought it altogether and created a sheet with all the measurements on. From there, we all went off individually and designed our own levels around the zone we were given.

Personally for me, I think this was particularly good to do as level design is something i'm comfortable in doing. The level I designed included most of the design requirements needed and fitted the level difficulty at the stage. I do think it could of been better presented, but I think it was appropriate for the lesson at the time

As we went to the next stage and played our levels, I could personally see the effective use of prototyping. I could see many flaws in the levels I had and some of my team-mates had. I would definitely not of seen them without going through that process. Overall, I do think prototyping is important and I can see that it is a concept to undertake before going into serious production.

No comments:

Post a Comment